TGIF!

29 10 2010

I made it through the week—getting back to school and work actually felt good.  I have been obsessing about vitamins, supplements and exercise.  I have had to take a step back and quit over analyzing my intake of micronutrients.  I continue to take my multivitamin, calcium, a probiotic, and omega-3s.  I think I was reading so much about pregnancy, miscarriages and nutrition that I was so confused about what to eat and what to take that it pretty much sounded like I couldn’t eat anything—I think that I am coming back to center.  I have also been nutrition conscience and believed in everything in moderation and eating balanced I think I am beginning to remember that.

Advertisements




Finding support

28 10 2010

My sister called me last night, we are very close.  However, I had no intension of telling her about my miscarriage.  She called to tell me she was getting married in two weeks.  She was intending to be married in 6 months.  I am really happy for her but I started crying and I didn’t want her to think that I didn’t approve so I told her the story.  I am really glad I did; now I feel like I have a confidant for the next time I get pregnant.  She is also trying to conceive and I want to be there for her as this may be difficult given her future husband’s health.  We have gone through much together and we will get through this too.  I realize now how important support is.





After the worst

27 10 2010

Here’s my story…a week and a half ago I had my second miscarriage.  This is the hardest thing I have every endured.  I find myself in a state of shock.  My first miscarriage was five years ago…after that they tell you there is an 85% chance that the next pregnancy will be fine.  So my husband and I accepted those odds only to be in the “other” 15%.  I really don’t think this is easier this time…if anything it’s harder.   This is why I share this with you.  I was 8 weeks along when I saw some blood (microscopic quantities).  I went in and had an ultrasound and found everything to be just fine—even saw the heartbeat.  At 10 and ½ weeks I started bleeding again in larger quantities so I went in and had another ultrasound but there was no heartbeat and the baby only measured 8 weeks.   At 11 weeks I passed everything and here I am a week and a half later stunned, shocked, sad, but wanting to try again.  After all odds are in my favor…right?